Over 200,000 residents to receive foodstuffs during lockdown
5,899 total views, 3 views today
The Minister of Local Government, Jean Marie Vianney Gatabazi has said that residents with inadequate means and others forcing meal upon daily work will be provided with food donations during lockdown and urged citizens to share what they have with neighbors.
Following the surge in new COVID-19 cases and deaths, the virtual Cabinet Meeting of 14th July 2021 reviewed the national directives on preventing the spread of the pandemic and imposed lockdown in Kigali city and eight districts including Burera, Gicumbi, Kamonyi, Musanze, Nyagatare, Rubavu, Rwamagana and Rutsiro.
The new directive will take effect from Saturday, July 17 till July 26.
Speaking during a post cabinet meeting press conference held on Thursday 15th July 2021 to shed light on new COVID-19 preventive measures, Gatabazi explained that the Government planned for vulnerable residents.
“Residents with inadequate means to survive should not be worried. The Government contemplated how they can be helped. There are irregularities realized during food donations previously which have been addressed to ensure smooth distribution to vulnerable residents during the 10 days of lockdown,” he said.
Gatabazi revealed that development partners will be engaged to support affected residents.
“We encouraged districts to convene a meeting with partners including religious denominations and members of the private sector to seek how they can collaborate with the Government to support residents,” he noted.
“Rwandan culture encourages people to share what they have. Citizens should be willing to support hit hard neighbors to move on,” added Gatabazi.
It is expected that 211,000 residents will be provided with foodstuffs including maize flour, rice and beans where the quantity will be determined by number of family members.
Mwamba.rw is website that provides you with the latest Celebrity news, Politics, showbiz especially from all nation of E.A.C and all World in General.