Public warned against defying COVID-19 containment measures
279 total views, 3 views today
By; Stella Ezeja
The Minister of Health, Dr. Daniel Ngamije has urged Rwandans to avoid complacency and continue adhering to health guidelines following the surge in new COVID-19 cases.
Dr. Ngamije made the call on Thursday speaking to RBA on actions that need to be taken to contain the spread of Coronavirus.
“As far I am concerned, increased sample tests is one of reasons for surging new COVID-19 cases. Besides, we tested many people crossing from the Democratic Republic of Congo in the past days,” he said.
Minister Ngamije also explained that some people have been complacent against instituted directives following the reopening of activities that had been suspended.
The cabinet meeting held on Monday 31st May 2021 has lifted COVID-19 restrictions whereby traditional weddings and related receptions have resumed not exceeding 30 persons. Gaming activities have been also allowed to resume.
Traditional weddings and related receptions were allowed to resume following nearly a year and half under restriction.
Usually Religious and civil wedding have been allowed with minimal attendance of 20 persons observing COVID-19 health guidelines. Receptions were not allowed that whoever caught violating the directive was subject to penalties.
The recent cabinet meeting lifted as the country gradually recorded fewer cases below 50 per day from sample tests taken countrywide. The situation has changed with steady increase that over 300 patients were registered for the past three days while 6 people succumbed to the virus.
Minister Ngamije has reminded the general public that it should be everyone’s concern to fight COVID-19.
“The current situation is manageable but we need to be responsible in the fight against Coronavirus. We should understand that over 100 cases registered per day increases the country’s burden and avoid complacency against instituted directives,” he said.
Minister Ngamije reminded the general public to continue participating in the vaccination program being rolled out countrywide.
Rwanda confirmed the first Coronavirus case on 14th March 2020. Since then, 27660 people have been tested positive of whom 26341 recovered, 953 are active cases, 9 are critically ill while 366 have succumbed to the virus.
A total of 388,716 people have been vaccinated since Rwanda began countrywide inoculation program on 5th March 2021.
Mwamba.rw is website that provides you with the latest Celebrity news, Politics, showbiz especially from all nation of E.A.C and all World in General.